CLIL has 3 main characteristics: students learn the target language through which the content is taught; it responds to the EU lifelong learning program proposal for all citizens, where multilingualism and multiculturalism are
CLIL Techniques & ICT
CLIL has 3 main characteristics: students learn the target language through which the content is taught; it responds to the EU lifelong learning program proposal for all citizens, where multilingualism and multiculturalism are thought to promote integration, understanding and mobility among Europeans; and finally, it involves the development of social, cultural, cognitive, linguistic, academic and other learning skills, which in turn facilitate achievements in both content and language.
CLIL is designed to prepare students for the future by providing them with skills for learning and understanding independently. CLIL prepares today’s students for the professional world, empowering them to face different challenges, enhancing their independence and flexibility, and providing them with social and communicative skills to collaborate and cooperate in project teams, rather than working alone.
Our pricing policy follows the official regulations on transparent costs.
The costs can be supported with a KA grant under the Erasmus+ programme.
Course fee: 520 euros per participant (6-day course).
- Learning Together’s Welcome Kit;
- A Daily Program designed by our trainers;
- Welcome Dinner to meet your new colleagues;
- Cultural Heritage Day: Guided Porto visit;
- Daily Coffee Break;
- Logistic, organizational and administrative support from headquarters;
- Daily assistance and on-call support throughout the whole week.
The course aims to provide strategic guidance on teaching the subject in a foreign language and explain the CLIL approach to teaching academic subjects, while also helping participants refresh their English language skills.
The course will comprehensively examine all aspects of CLIL while giving participants the opportunity to practice the methodology. Participants will understand the needs of learners and will develop and practice teaching techniques that can support and motivate subject students in new ways.
Expand and improve participants’ understanding, expertise, and skills related to content and language integrated learning (CLIL);
Combine subject goals with associated language goals in learner-centred lessons;
Apply the knowledge and skills to develop a subject and language integrated curriculum;
Learn how to manage a lesson and implement ICT in the CLIL classroom;
Practice presentation and lecturing skills in English;
Acquire fresh ideas for teaching subjects in English;
Familiarize teachers with different ways to combine content and language;
Understand the nature and benefits of code-switching in language learning as a natural result of working in two (or more) languages;
Improve students’ motivation to CLIL in the classroom;
Work with feedback to understand its positive contribution toward student motivation;
Prepare for future studies and for working life;
Reinforce self-awareness as a European citizen;
Share ideas and resources with other teachers and gain different education practices and policies;
Improve communication, social and English skills.
- Introduction to CLIL Methodology
- The origin of CLIL – What does it mean to combine content and language?
- Key terminology
- Combining language and content: Advantages and Disadvantages
- Implementing CLIL in different subjects
- Lesson plans in ClIL: Framework for planning CLIL lessons
- The 4Cs of CLIL
- How to start a CLIL lesson
- ICT in CLIL classroom
- How to create a digital environment in school
- Setting up Interactive Exercises
- Problem–Solving Activities within a CLIL Classroom
- Games in CLIL as a vehicle for learning
- Language skills in CLIL: Listening, speaking, reading, and writing
- Developing CLIL materials
- Classroom Management
- Presentation of participants’ learning portfolios
- Final reflection
- Course roundup and review
- Learning Outcomes validation
- Certification Ceremony
*This schedule/ program describes likely activities but may differ based on the trainer's discretion and objectives.
Still have Questions?
For more information, check our Pricing & FAQ.