The Mediterranean Diet, classified as Intangible Cultural Heritage by UNESCO, embodies a holistic concept that encompasses various elements such as knowledge, landscape, rituals, symbols, and traditions.
Eat Well, Live Well
The Mediterranean Diet, classified as Intangible Cultural Heritage by UNESCO, embodies a holistic concept that encompasses various elements such as knowledge, landscape, rituals, symbols, and traditions. The diet goes beyond a mere dietary regimen and represents a balanced lifestyle with a wide range of recipes and healthy cooking practices. It incorporates centuries of traditional gastronomic customs from Mediterranean countries.
Key components of this cultural heritage include essential products like extra virgin olive oil, along with recipes and customs that contribute to both delicious creations and daily nutritional needs. Embracing the Mediterranean diet has a multitude of benefits, equivalent to taking 4,000 extra steps per day.
It promotes the achievement of Sustainable Development Goals by fostering food safety, a healthy lifestyle, and balanced, accessible eating patterns. Additionally, it has a low environmental impact due to the prominence of plant-based foods and reduced reliance on animal products. Recognizing its sustainability, the United Nations Food and Agriculture Organization has included the Mediterranean diet as one of the World’s Most Sustainable Diets. Complemented by regular exercise and sufficient rest, this eating pattern also offers significant advantages for cardiovascular health, stress and burnout reduction.
The Mediterranean Diet’s alignment with the objectives of the Erasmus+ Program for teachers’ mobilities lies in its promotion of intercultural understanding, fostering healthy eating habits, and encouraging sustainable practices within the realm of education.
Last Course Gallery
Our pricing policy follows the official regulations on transparent costs.
The costs can be supported with a KA grant under the Erasmus+ programme.
Course fee: 480 euros per participant (6-day course).
- Learning Together’s Welcome Kit;
- A Daily Program designed by our trainers;
- Welcome Dinner to meet your new colleagues;
- Daily Coffee Break;
- Logistic, organizational and administrative support from headquarters;
- Daily assistance and on-call support throughout the whole week.
- Daily assistance and suggestions (restaurants, sightseeing, hospitals…) – we also have a section on our website dedicated to Discovering Porto (eating, sleeping, sightseeing suggestions) that we always recommend our participants to check out.
The Mediterranean Diet and Healthy Lifestyle course aims to provide participants with a comprehensive understanding of the Mediterranean diet and its positive impact on health and well-being. This course explores the principles, food choices, meal planning, and lifestyle factors associated with the Mediterranean diet, which is renowned for its numerous health benefits. Students will learn how to adopt a Mediterranean-style eating pattern and incorporate it into their daily lives to promote overall health and longevity.
- Recognize the cultural significance of the Mediterranean Diet as Intangible Cultural Heritage and its role in promoting intercultural understanding among educators
- Understand its holistic nature as a balanced lifestyle, plan and prepare diverse recipes, healthy cooking techniques, and traditional gastronomic customs
- Explore key components of the diet, such as essential products along with recipes and customs, and comprehend their contribution to taste and daily nutritional needs
- Examine its health benefits and alignment with a healthy lifestyle
- Gain insights into sustainable food practices related to the diet, including the use of local resources, biodiversity preservation, and reduced environmental impact
- Foster intercultural exchange by engaging with culinary traditions and food practices from different Mediterranean countries, promoting appreciation and dialogue
- Empower teachers to integrate the principles of the Mediterranean Diet into their teaching practices, promoting healthier eating patterns and sustainable practices within schools and communities
- Enhance communicative competencies in English and social skills
- Identify & share good practices that can be implemented at a local level
- Welcome dinner,icebreaking
- Meet & greet, networking – participants and staff
- Week briefing & planning
- Introduction to the Mediterranean Diet, History and its classification as Intangible Cultural Heritage by UNESCO
- The importance of intercultural understanding in education and the role of the diet in fostering it
- Group and cooking activities promoting dialogue and appreciation of different food practices
- Overview of the holistic approach of the Mediterranean Diet, emphasizing fresh, whole foods and mindful eating
- Presentation on traditional recipes, cooking techniques, and cultural rituals associated with the diet
- Hands-on cooking workshop: Preparing and tasting Mediterranean Portuguese dishes using traditional recipes and techniques
- In-depth exploration of key components of the Mediterranean Diet, including macronutrients, extra virgin olive oil, whole grains, fruits, vegetables, legumes, herbs
- Nutritional and health benefits – their role and integration in a well-rounded diet and routine
- Interactive cooking session on incorporating Mediterranean ingredients and recipes into daily meals
- Engaging in moderate-intensity exercises, stress management and relaxation techniques, complementing the Mediterranean Diet’s emphasis on an active lifestyle
- The sustainable aspects of the Mediterranean Diet, including the use of local and seasonal ingredients and organic farming practices
- Discussion on the environmental impact of dietary choices and the importance of sustainable food systems
- Final Work preparation and meal planning
- Final Dish Presentations
- Future cooperation and follow-up activities
- Course roundup & review
- Learning outcomes’ validation
- Certification Ceremony
*This schedule/ program describes likely activities but may differ based on the trainer's discretion and objectives.
Still have Questions?
For more information, check our Pricing & FAQ.