Teaching TI–Nspire-CX Technology
When discussing and applying concepts from subjects such as Mathematics, Physics or Chemistry, the graphing calculator is a recurrent tool for solving problems analytically.
TI–Nspire-CX technology allows teachers to create dynamic and shared learning scenarios, making it easier for their students to understand the content.
Through different problem perspectives and representations this technology provides significant learning.
Its applications – Calculator, Lists and Spreadsheet, Data and Statistics, Graphs and Geometry, Notes, Vernier DataQuest and Questions – allow the creation of complete documents and structured teaching activities.
This course aims to understand the framing of scientific and/or graphing calculator application within the current basic and secondary Education curricula, in subjects such as Mathematics and Chemistry.
Take the first steps to get to know the essential tools of the TI-Nspire™ CX II-T technology in order to maximize the advantages that it allows when working with students, especial ly when per forming autonomous research tasks and problem-solving exercises.
By actively engaging in innovative learning scenarios (that promote 21st century skills), teachers should act as facilitators – transversally promoting creative, reflective and computational thinking, by resorting to Algorithms and Programming.
The main goal is, as you know, to solve problems. Using TI-Nspire™ ecosystems, allows to explore mathematical concepts according to a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics) approach.
This is becoming increasingly relevant given that technology and mathematics have a large and growing influence in many aspects of society.
The TI-Nspire™ CX II-T graphing calculator received the Comenius EduMedia 2020 Seal.
Our pricing policy follows the official regulations on transparent costs.
The costs can be supported with a KA grant under the Erasmus+ programme.
Course fee: 480 euros per participant (6-day course).
- Learning Together’s Welcome Kit;
- A Daily Program designed by our trainers;
- Welcome Dinner to meet your new colleagues;
- Daily Coffee Break;
- Logistic, organizational and administrative support from headquarters;
- Daily on-call support throughout the whole week;
- Daily assistance and suggestions (restaurants, sightseeing, hospitals…) – We also have a section on our website dedicated to Discovering Porto (eating, sleeping, sightseeing suggestions) that we always recommend our participants to check out.
- Experiment innovative methodologies in order to improve teaching and learning;
- Understand graphing technology within the current Maths curriculum;
- Solve Mathematical Modelling Problems in the classroom (physical or virtual);
- Use this technology’s tools in order to enhance students’ work and performance when working autonomously, helping them solve mathematical modelling tasks, problem-solving and maths communication;
- Learn and design useful resources to implement in the classroom, using TI-Nspi re™ CX I I-T technology;
- Explore innovative learning activities and create digital content for creative learning scenarios.
- Experiment new methodologies to increase student involvement;
- Share pedagogical experiences involving research feasible in the classroom within the world of mathematics;
- Create frameworks in order to use the graphing calculator in the current education curricula;
- Develop graphing tech knowledge;
- Use essential TI-Nspi re™ CX-I I technology tools to enhance its advantages at a work and productivity level;
- Exploit useful resources/tasks for the classroom by promoting research activities, using this technology;
- Share experiences and ideas with their peers;
- Reinforce self-awareness as a European citizen;
- Improve language, communication and social skills;
- Promote intercultural awareness.
Still have Questions?
For more information, check our Pricing & FAQ.