Teaching TI–Nspire-CX Technology
When discussing and applying concepts from subjects such as Mathematics, Physics or Chemistry, the graphing calculator is a recurrent tool for solving problems analytically.
TI–Nspire-CX technology allows teachers to create dynamic and shared learning scenarios, making it easier for their students to understand the content.
Through different problem perspectives and representations this technology provides significant learning.
Its applications – Calculator, Lists and Spreadsheet, Data and Statistics, Graphs and Geometry, Notes, Vernier DataQuest and Questions – allow the creation of complete documents and structured teaching activities.
This course aims to understand the framing of scientific and/or graphing calculator application within the current basic and secondary Education curricula, in subjects such as Mathematics and Chemistry.
Take the first steps to get to know the essential tools of the TI-Nspire™ CX II-T technology in order to maximize the advantages that it allows when working with students.
Namely the calculator page, geometry and/or graphics, spreadsheets – used all when performing autonomous research tasks and problem-solving exercises.
By actively engaging in innovative learning scenarios (that promote 21st century skills), teachers should act as facilitators – transversally promoting creative and reflective and computational thinking, by resorting to Algorithms and Programming.
The main goal is, as you know, to solve problems. Using TI-Nspire™ ecosystems, allows to explore mathematical concepts according to a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics) approach.
This is becoming increasingly relevant given that technology and mathematics have a large and growing influence in many aspects of society.
The TI-Nspire™ CX II-T graphing calculator received the Comenius EduMedia 2020 Seal.
Course Duration and Costs
All costs of our courses can be supported with a grant under KA1 of the Erasmus+ programme.
Learning Together charges for a 6 days course 630 euros per participant (A+B).
For our 6 days course, the price fee is 480 euro for tuition and materials (6 day course x 80,00 Euros per day). This is covered with the course fee that you get with your KA1 grant: 80 euro per day.
Payment of 150 EUR per participant (total amount).
Each educational organization also receives 350 Euros per participant for organizational support. Learning Together will only charge you 150 Euros for administration and organization costs (Local organization, pedagogic support activities, learning validation, certification and Europass Mobility validation). This fee also includes our social program, which you can see below.
- Cultural Heritage day : Guide visit to the city of Porto.
- Visit to” Ribeira”and Boat Trip;
- Visit to the Port Wine Cellars.
The course fee for our 2022 courses have been adjusted to meet the new KA1 grant budget (Erasmus+ Program 2021-2027).
Before, sending organisations received 70€/day/person for course fees. Now, the new KA1 grant provides 80€/day/person.
Sending organisations also receive 350€/person for organisational support to cover organisational & administration costs from the Hosting organisation.
- Experiment innovative methodologies in order to improve teaching and learning;
- Understand the framing of graphing technology within the current Maths curriculum;
- Solve Mathematical Modeling Problems in the classroom (physical or virtual);
- Use this technology’s tools in order to enhance students’ work and performance, when working
autonomously (and promoting it), helping them solve mathematical modeling tasks, problem solving and mathematical communication;
- Learn and design useful resources to implement in the classroom, using TI-Nspire™ CX II-T technology;
- Explore innovative learning activities and create digital content for creative learning scenarios.
Participants are expected to:
- Experiment new methodologies to increase student involvement;
- Share pedagogical experiences involving investigations/research feasible in the classroom within the world of mathematics;
- Create frameworks in order to use the graphing calculator in the current education curricula;
- Develop graphing tech knowledge;
- Use essential TI-Nspire™ CX-II technology tools to enhance its advantages at a work and productivity level, namely the graphics page and the spreadsheet, during autonomous work on investigative tasks.
- Exploite useful resources/tasks for the classroom by promoting research activities, using the TINspire™ CX-II technology;
- Share experiences and ideas with their peers.
This course also strives to:
- Reinforce self-awareness as a European citizen;
- Improve communication and social skills;
- Promote intercultural awareness;
- Improve language skills.