The Science Centers in Educational Context
How can Europe capitalize the increasing investment in science and technology?
What are the challenges that schools face nowadays to respond to the need of improving digital and scientific skills?
Science Centers are privileged places for learning. In these places, teachers can experience a new dimension and perspective, since these centers can offer a unique and multisensory experience.
So, let’s take science and education to another level and use our Interactive Science Centers, laboratories and institutions as a “new” classroom through experimental activities. Learning by exploring!
The visits that we propose to the Environment and Interpretative Center of Viana do Castelo, AquaMuseum of Cerveira (Minho river), Natural Park of the North Coast of Esposende and the protected area of Bertiandos, will show us, in loco, how to explore the activities that these institutions (experimental activities, field trips, nature paths…) provide.
The apps (android and iOS) will be used as a fundamental teaching and learning resource, helping us to develop creativity, teamwork and autonomy when learning.
This training course intends to motivate our participants (school management; teachers & school staff: primary level and secondary level; government & policy makers; recent graduates) to use interactive centers as teaching and learning resources and as a prime location to develop a European dimension of education.
Our pricing policy follows the official regulations on transparent costs.
The costs can be supported with a KA grant under the Erasmus+ programme.
Course fee: 480 euros per participant (6-day course).
- Learning Together’s Welcome Kit;
- A Daily Program designed by our trainers;
- Welcome Dinner to meet your new colleagues;
- Daily Coffee Break;
- Logistic, organizational and administrative support from headquarters;
- Daily assistance and on-call support throughout the whole week.
- Daily assistance and suggestions (restaurants, sightseeing, hospitals…) – we also have a section on our website dedicated to Discovering Porto (eating, sleeping, sightseeing suggestions) that we always recommend our participants to check out.
Increase the value of experimental teaching in sciences;
Explore the cultural dynamics of each curriculum through experimental & scientific expertise, using the resources that interactive centers have to offer;
Explore apps & mobile devices in educational contexts;
Raise awareness for natural heritage preservation by creating science interpretative centers;
Use interactive working methods for teaching;
Enhance communicative competences in English;
Identify & share good practices that can be implemented at a local level.
Use interactive science centers as teaching & learning resources;
Integrate experimental activities, field classes, nature trails, among others, within the curriculum (scientific experiences);
Use apps for mobile devices in educational contexts;
Protect the assets of the European natural heritage through the creation of interactive science centers.
- Welcome dinner,icebreaking
- Meet & greet, networking – participants and staff
- Week briefing & planning
- Working Tools (APPS)
- Sparkvideo, Wevideo, Biteable
- Parque Natural Litoral Norte
- Team building
- Serralves Museum – Gardens / Teaching Farm – New forms of cultural participation, from sharing interests & knowledge, in transversal approaches that span art, architecture & the environment
- Water Museum – The importance of water for life; its different environments; its various uses and its behavior in different situations, connecting scientific & technological issues within Water Resources to ordinary citizens
- Center for Living Science – Porto Planetarium -Educational activities. Movie “The Phantom of the Universe” – explore the exciting story of the discovery of dark matter
- Botanic Museum of Porto University – Guided visit to the awarded and most emblematic spaces of the Botanical Garden, framing historical, botanical & literary, all in one place
- Monitoring & Environmental Interpretation Center (Viana do Castelo) – Educational services; exhibitions; laboratory activities…
- Visit to the Habitats of the Natural
Park of the North Coast of
- Development work
- Work presentations
- Course roundup & review
- Learning outcomes’ validation
- Certification Ceremony
*This schedule/ program describes likely activities but may differ based on the trainer's discretion and objectives.
Still have Questions?
For more information, check our Pricing & FAQ.