Soft Skills for Teaching Techniques
Soft skills are the personal attributes of each individual, as well as personality traits, social skills and communication skills. Soft skills characterize how an individual interacts with peers within and outside the work environment.
Different from the so-called hard skills, soft skills involve emotions and intuitions, both responsible for the ability to express and interpret the feelings of another person. Teachers need to be highly skilled in all these areas to be excellent in their profession.
For a teacher, it is not just important to give a quality lecture; they also need to be able to transmit knowledge, skills and values at the same time. Soft skills for teachers are thus as important as their in-depth knowledge of the particular subject which they teach. It is only through communication skills that a teacher can introduce creative and effective solutions to the students’ problems.
Course Duration and Costs
All costs can be supported with a KA grant under the Erasmus+ programme.
For a 6-day course, Learning Together charges 580 euros per participant (A+B).
For our 6-day course, the course fee is 480 EUR per participant, for tuition and materials (6-day course x 80,00 EUR per day). This can be covered with the course fee that you receive with your KA1 grant: 80 EUR / day / person.
The course fee for our 2022 courses has been adjusted to meet the new KA1 grant budget (Erasmus+ Programme 2021-2027). Before, sending organisations received 70€/day/person for course fees. Now, the new KA1 grant provides 80€/day/person.
Payment of 100 EUR per participant (total amount).
This fee also includes our social program, which you can see below.
In the previous Erasmus+ programme, each educational organisation also received 350 EUR per participant for organisational support. Learning Together only charged 150 EUR for administration and organisation costs (local organisation and logistics, pedagogical support activities, learning validation, certification and Europass Mobility validation). With the new programme, the organisational support fees are now a standard 100 EUR per person – however, they can vary according project type (job-sadowing, long-term,…).
- Cultural Heritage day: Guided visit to the city of Porto;
- Hop On & Hop Off Tour Bus;
- Visit to” Ribeira” and 6 Bridges River Cruise;
- Visit to the Port Wine Cellars & Wine Tasting Experience.
Last Course Gallery
The course’s main goal is to develop and acquire effective soft skills. The course focuses on improving techniques and practical activities that teachers can use in a classroom context, whilst expanding their ideas so they can teach engaging and informative lessons. The course aims to assist teachers of all subjects and to clarify their roles in encouraging students to become confident users of their language, in reading, writing and talking.
Develop soft skills in order to overcome communication´s barriers and to support their managing role;
Provide tools for a more effectively communication and motivating people of various personality types;
Understand group dynamics;
Enable the participants to understand learners and colleagues’ needs;
Acquire knowledge and tips related to delivering effective public speeches (how to structure and plan effectively a speech), communication skills and learning styles;
Provide practical tools for identifying and changing unsupportive behaviors;
Identify and share good practices that can be implemented at a local level;
Enhance communicative competence in English.
- Welcome dinner,icebreaking
- Meet & greet, networking – participants and staff
- Week briefing & planning
- A reflection on the importance of therelationship between learners and facilitators
- Levels of communication: Verbal language, Non-verbal or paralinguistic language
- Body language, The silence
- Communication models
- Practical group work and exercises
- Factors that facilitate communication
- Oral communication, Interpersonal relationship, Empathy, The keys for effective communication: active listening
- Active listening tools – Echoing,
- Encouragement, Probing, Paraphrasing, Reflective paraphrasing
- Communication & learning styles
- Communication barriers
- Communication in team dynamism
- New practices for communicating, building trust & self-esteem
- Understand communication & explore the mindsets of effectiveness
- Practical group work and exercises
- Motivation, persuasion, negotiation and leadership
- Motivating oneself
- The art of persuasion: from persuasion to negotiation
- Leadership and motivating others
- Essential & vocational skills: survival strategies
- Managing time, stress, resilience
- Work-life balance
- Course roundup & review
- Learning outcomes’ validation
- Certification Ceremony
*This schedule/ program describes likely activities but may differ based on the trainer's discretion and objectives.
Still have Questions?
For more information, check our Pricing & FAQ.