PORTUGUESE FOR EVERYDAY LIFE
You want a big, fat, widely-spoken language, right? There are an estimated 230 million speakers of Portuguese, which puts it firmly in the sixth most widely spoken language.
There are Portuguese-speaking territories on five continents: Europe, South America (Brazil), Africa (Cape Verde, Guinea-Bissau, São Tomé and Príncipe, Angola, Mozambique) Asia (Macau (China)) Goa, Daman and Diu (India); on six if we count East Timor as part of Australasia.
• Fastest growing language in Europe (with Spanish).
• Widely spoken, though not official, in Andorra, Luxembourg, Paraguay, South Africa, and Namibia.
• Working and/or official language in important international organizations (African Union, the Community of Portuguese Language Countries, the European Union, and Mercosul, the Organization of American States, the Organization of Ibero-American States, and the Union of South American Nations)
• It is estimated that 1.3 million native speakers of Portuguese live in the USA.
If you contact or work with people coming from Portugal, Brazil, Angola, Mozambique or Portuguese Communities, this is the ideal course for you.
This course is intended for people who want to learn Portuguese.
The course will have a practical and a theoretical side for all activities. The theoretical classes will be held in the morning, while the practical ones, along with the workshops, will take place in the afternoon. Such activities will focus on real-life situations and will cover areas such as: Socializing (Personal Information and Jobs, Describing People, Relatives, Personal Feelings), Food and Drinks (Healthy Diet, Restaurants, Menu, Prices), Accommodation (Types of Hotels, Booking, Facilities, Conditions), Shopping (Shops, Goods, Payment, Complaints), Travelling (Places in the City, Weather, Means of Transport).
The course aims to have a big focus on practical work. The teachers involved have a wide experience in teaching Portuguese and English, and their main objective will be to develop students’ communication skills for everyday life, by using an experiential approach. Therefore, classes will not only be centered on interactive lessons, but the students will also be required to perform tasks in real-life situations.
We invite you to learn Portuguese in Porto while enjoying a fabulous stay in one of the most beautiful countries of Europe.
The course provides the tools that the learners need to overcome linguistic barriers and to improve their Portuguese communication
skills and their knowledge of Portuguese culture. The training component will cover a number of domains such as language, culture,
industry, tourism, architecture, history, etc. with the aim of facilitating participants’ later overview of Portuguese society.
By the end of the course, will allow them to:
• Understand and use different expressions and announcements, allowing them to fulfill specific communication needs.
• Know how to communicate in various situational contexts.
• Comprehend the foreign language with sufficient ability to grasp the main idea and some supporting details in short
• Write different typology of texts in Portuguese language.
• Practise the structures of Portuguese language.
• Show openness and awareness of multiculturalism and multilingualism of our wide Europe
• The training class will focus on showing students the richness of the Portuguese cultural, historic and literary heritage.
Location and Dates
In Porto – Portugal
22 Mar 2020 to 27 Mar 2020
06 Sep 2020 to 11 Sep 2020
21 Mar 2021 to 26 Mar 2021
05 Sep 2021 to 10 Sep 2021
Course Duration and Costs
All costs of our courses can be supported with a grant under KA1 of the Erasmus+programme.
Learning Together charges for a 6 days course 570 euros per participant (A+B).
A - Course fee and Duration:
For our 6 days course, the price fee is 420 euro for tuition and materials (6 day course x 70,00 Euros per day ). This is covered with the course fee that you get with your KA1 grant: 70 euro per day.
B - Organizational Support:
Payment of 150 EUR per participant (total amount). Each educational organization also receives 350 Euros per participant for organizational support. Learning Together will only charge you 150 Euros for administration and organization costs (Local organization, pedagogic support activities, learning validation, certification and Europass Mobility validation). This fee also includes our social program, which you can see below.
- Cultural Heritage day : Guide visit to the city of Porto.
- Visit to” Ribeira”and Boat Trip;
- Visit to the Port Wine Cellars.
To be paid by yourself from the KA1 grant
Your grant covers travel costs. The amount is calculated based on the distance that you need to travel from your home place to the course.
Your accommodation and meals will be assured through "Individual Support". The amount that you receive to cover the costs of your stay depends on the country that you choose. The range for Portugal is between 60-120 Euros per day and participant. This amount covers your stay at hotel and your meals. Learning Together doesn´t book your stay at the hotel, but we can give you tips and advice for your booking. Plenty of restaurants are available on the city for your daily meals. This option allows you to explore freely our city, hotels, restaurants and course travels.
A language approach through interactive learning!