Leading Teams for School Success
Effective team management is crucial for the success of schools as it fosters collaboration, synergy, and a shared vision among educators, enabling them to work cohesively towards achieving educational goals and providing a positive and enriching learning environment for students.
Schools are complex organizations with unique structures and cultures that reflect the values and beliefs of those who lead and work in them. Managing people in this environment can be challenging due to the diverse range of skills, ideas, and work styles of individual staff members.
Effective school team management requires a deep understanding of how to navigate these complexities while also addressing the personal and emotional needs of staff members.
This course is designed to provide participants with the essential skills and strategies needed to manage individuals and teams in school settings. They will be able to navigate the complexities of school organizations, improve team performance, and cultivate a culture of collaboration and job satisfaction. By taking this course, participants will:
- Learn some essential strategies for managing individuals and teams, leading and enhancing team performance through delegation, coaching, effective prioritisation and able decision-making;
- Become more confident and gain essential people management skills to motivate and inspire performance in your school/training center/organization.
Our pricing policy follows the official regulations on transparent costs.
The costs can be supported with a KA grant under the Erasmus+ programme.
Course fee: 660 euros per participant (7-day course).
- Learning Together’s Welcome Kit;
- A Daily Program designed by our trainers;
- Welcome Dinner to meet your new colleagues;
- Social and Cultural Heritage Activities;
- Daily Coffee Break;
- Logistic, organizational and administrative support from headquarters;
- Daily assistance and on-call support throughout the whole week.
The course’s main goal is to handle the key factors that will ensure productivity, engagement, and growth, as well as a leader’s role in building trust, removing roadblocks, nurturing connections with team members, and setting clear goals. It is designed to enable leaders to reflect on the importance of teams to operations, leadership and management, to foster people development and reward and motivate individuals, and nurture talent. Furthermore, it will also help Identify and implement strategies to increase i) teams’ effectiveness and impact, ii) teamworking in delivering the organisations/school/training center´s vision.
- Analyse different workplace communication styles;
- Identify different behavioural types (internal and external);
- Communicate clearly under pressure;
- Reset expectations to avoid causing disappointment;
- Analyse how the brain responds to pressure;
- Respond to challenges (rather than instantaneously react);
- Use paraphrasing techniques to check for understanding;
- Identify communication hotspots;
- Build levels of resilience to help people bounce back quicker;
- Effectively manage communication breakdowns;
- Agree to communication action plans;
- Increase social and English skills;
- Share best practices and implement them at a local level;
- Celebrate multiculturalism.
- Welcome dinner,icebreaking
- Meet & greet, networking – participants and staff
- Week briefing & planning
- Communicating effectively with team members
- Motivating team members and other stakeholders
- Developing emotional intelligence and knowing how to use it within your team
- Performance management, monitoring performance & feedback
- Developing your leadership style and communication skills when managing others
- Facilitate effective change using best practice models
- Practical group work and exercises
- Organising team work
- Communicating effectively with the team
- Management focused on results and people
- Motivating and energising the team
- Conflict management – Negotiation skills
- Managing change within your team
- Dealing with difficult people, including setting healthy boundaries when dealing with difficult behaviours, managing resistance, counselling, coaching and conflict resolution
- Exploring the notion of talent, its expected value to the organisation, and how it is managed within an organisation
- Team leadership: own phenomena and dynamics, challenges and specific problems Different personal preferences and their impact on leadership roles
- Different leadership styles
- Skills needed for team coordination
- Strategies to mobilize the team for an excellent performance
- Coach and performance manage others to achieve the best outcome at both an individual and organisational level
- Problematic situations within the team
- Practical group work and exercises
- Teamwork – implications and specificities
- Excellence in teamwork
- Interpersonal differences and their impact on teamwork
- Personal resources’ allocation according to the team
- How to overcome impasses and obstacles in teamwork
- Group work
- Course roundup & review
- Learning outcomes’ validation
- Certification Ceremony
Social Program & Activities in beautiful Funchal, Madeira
- Disclosed upon the course’s start date
*This schedule/ program describes likely activities but may differ based on the trainer's discretion and objectives.
Still have Questions?
For more information, check our Pricing & FAQ.