Integration: A Guidebook for the Future
Europe is a cross-cultural community and it’s co-creating content. All countries together are creating spaces for dialogue and providing contextual information from different point-of-views.
Multiculturalism is a manifestation of liberal democracy based on mutual tolerance and cooperation. Europe´s culture has always been in a constant state of flux, as it befits a society built on successive waves of immigration.
Diversity not only assumes that all individuals are unique, i.e., different, but that difference is indeed value-added. Within those changes, Europe has always been liberal-democratic, which implies a high degree of freedom of expression. That´s Europe, that´s what it is to be European!
Objectives: This course is for all those who are interested to improve their intercultural competences and learn interactive methods to support learners integration from different cultures into a collaborating team.
The course’s main goal is to develop and acquire effective skills to overcome barriers to integrate new immigrants, develop their intercultural understanding and develop a European dimension of education.
Course Duration and Costs
All costs can be supported with a KA grant under the Erasmus+ programme.
This is a 7-Day course – of which Learning Together charges 660 euros per participant (A+B).
For a 7-day course, the course fee is 560 EUR per participant, for tuition and materials (7-day course x 80,00 EUR per day). This can be covered with the course fee that you receive with your KA1 grant: 80 EUR/day/person.
The course fee for our 2022 courses has been adjusted to meet the new KA1 grant budget (Erasmus+ Programme 2021-2027). Before, sending organisations received 70€/day/person for course fees. Now, the new KA1 grant provides 80€/day/person.
Payment of 100 EUR per participant (total amount).
This fee also includes our social program, which you can see below.
In the previous Erasmus+ programme, each educational organisation also received 350 EUR per participant for organisational support. Learning Together only charged 150 EUR for administration and organisation costs (local organisation and logistics, pedagogical support activities, learning validation, certification and Europass Mobility validation). With the new programme, the organisational support fees are now a standard 100 EUR per person – however, they can vary according to project type (job-shadowing, long-term,…).
- Cultural Heritage day: guided visit to the city of Lisbon;
- 7 Hills River Cruise;
- Belém Lisbon Bus Tour;
- Modern Lisbon Bus Tour.
- Understand the dimensions of incorporation/integration, identity and belonging;
- Facilitate the understanding of identity, conflict and its diverse forms;
- Learn techniques and approaches that divert the focus from identifying differences to achieving a common goal;
- Understand sensations, feelings and thoughts through individual and collective perceptions;
- Develop skills for dialogue, tolerance and collaboration, using games and exercises;
- Develop communication, collaboration, presentation, problem-solving, negotiation, critical & creative thinking skills;
- Overcome integration barriers such as poor qualifications and language which may harm immigrants/refugees;
- Help students develop host language through language training, as well as embracing both identities and cultures (Europe´s and their own);
- Build a Sense of Belonging – pursuing active participation by all immigrants in all aspects of collective life;
- Citizenship as the last stage of a cultural integration process;
- Promote intercultural awareness;
- Promote universal access to education and enrich communication skills, improve foreign language competencies and promote EU’s linguistic diversity;
- Improve communication skills in English.
- Welcome dinner,icebreaking
- Meet & greet, networking – participants and staff
- Week briefing & planning
- Understanding culture – how does it define us?
- Understanding cultural baggage
- Sharing multi-cultural experiences in integration of immigrant children into the educational system
- Being conscious of immigrant children’s emotional and psychological distress in the integration process into a new environment
- Understanding the other participants’ perspectives
- City Tour
- The European perspective
- Diversity Dimensions
- What can be challenging about Diversity?
- Immigrants and host society: perceptions and realities – Portuguese case
- Raising cultural awareness through interactive games
- How to plan an intercultural curricula
- Providing supportive and multi-cultural school environment for all students
- Debate: How can a tolerant society manage intolerance?
- Planning programs for cooperation between schools, teachers, local community
members, NGO’s, Public institutions – strengthening children’s talents and potentials
- Empowering immigrant children to become active participants in and outside school
- Providing supportive school environment for a better integration (immigrant children)
- Guidelines presentation for immigrant children integration
- Promoting common Europeanvalues and tackling social exclusion
- Culture & Heritage Field Trips
- Video Collage Research – Group Work
- Interpersonal relationship
- The keys for effective communication: active listening
- Motivating oneself, Leadership and motivating others – Games
- Learning outcomes validation
- Certification Ceremony
- 7 Hills River Cruise
- Belém Lisbon Tour
- Modern Lisbon Tour
*This schedule/ program describes likely activities but may differ based on the trainer's discretion and objectives.
Still have Questions?
For more information, check our Pricing & FAQ.