Integration: A Guidebook for the Future
Europe is a cross-cultural community and it’s co-creating content. Europe doesn’t claim
knowledge nor the ultimate truth, but all countries together are creating spaces for
dialogue and providing contextual information from different point-of-views.
Multiculturalism is a manifestation of liberal democracy based on mutual tolerance and cooperation. Europe´s culture has always been in a constant state of flux, as it befits a society built on successive waves of immigration. Diversity not only assumes that all individuals are unique, i.e., different, but that difference is indeed value-added. Within those changes, Europe has always been liberal-democratic, which implies a high degree of freedom of expression. That´s Europe, that´s what it is to be a European!
Course Duration and Costs
All costs of our courses can be supported with a grant under KA1 of the Erasmus+ programme.
Learning Together charges for a 6 days course 630 euros per participant (A+B).
For our 6 days course, the price fee is 480 euro for tuition and materials (6 day course x 80,00 Euros per day). This is covered with the course fee that you get with your KA1 grant: 80 euro per day.
Payment of 150 EUR per participant (total amount).
Each educational organization also receives 350 Euros per participant for organizational support. Learning Together will only charge you 150 Euros for administration and organization costs (Local organization, pedagogic support activities, learning validation, certification and Europass Mobility validation). This fee also includes the social program below.
- Cultural Heritage day : Guide visit to the city of Porto.
- Visit to” Ribeira”and Boat Trip;
- Visit to the Port Wine Cellars.
The course fee for our 2022 courses have been adjusted to meet the new KA1 grant budget (Erasmus+ Program 2021-2027).
Before, sending organisations received 70€/day/person for course fees. Now, the new KA1 grant provides 80€/day/person.
Sending organisations also receive 350€/person for organisational support to cover organisational & administration costs from the Hosting organisation.
This course is for all those who are interested to improve their intercultural competences and learn interactive methods to support integration of learners from different cultures into a collaborating team.
The course’s main goal is to develop and acquire effective skills to overcome barriers to integration of new immigrants, develop their intercultural understanding and to develop a European dimension of education.
• Understand the dimensions of incorporation/integration, identity and belonging.
• Facilitating the understanding of identity and conflict, and analysis of its diverse forms.
• Learning techniques and approaches for diverting the focus from identifying differences to achieving a common goal.
• Improving the understanding of sensations, feelings and thoughts through individual and collective perceptions.
• Developing skills for dialogue, tolerance and collaboration, using games and exercises.
• Developing communication, collaboration, presentation, problem solving, negotiation, critical and creative thinking skills.
• Overcome integration barriers such as poor qualifications and language domain which may penalize immigrants/refugees
• Helping students develop host language through language training, as well as in embracing both identities and cultures (Europe´s and their own).
• Building a Sense of Belonging – pursuing an active participation by all immigrants in all aspects of collective life.
• Citizenship as the last stage of a cultural integration process.
• Promoting intercultural awareness.
• Promoting universal access to education and enrich communication skills, improve foreign language competencies and promote EU’s linguistic diversity.
• Improving communication skills in English.