Integration: A Guidebook for the Future
Europe is a cross-cultural community and it’s co-creating content. All countries together are creating spaces for dialogue and providing contextual information from different point-of-views.
Multiculturalism is a manifestation of liberal democracy based on mutual tolerance and cooperation. Europe´s culture has always been in a constant state of flux, as it befits a society built on successive waves of immigration.
Diversity not only assumes that all individuals are unique, i.e., different, but that difference is indeed value-added. Within those changes, Europe has always been liberal-democratic, which implies a high degree of freedom of expression. That´s Europe, that´s what it is to be European!
Objectives: This course is for all those who are interested to improve their intercultural competences and learn interactive methods to support learners integration from different cultures into a collaborating team.
The course’s main goal is to develop and acquire effective skills to overcome barriers to integrate new immigrants, develop their intercultural understanding and develop a European dimension of education.
Our pricing policy follows the official regulations on transparent costs.
The costs can be supported with a KA grant under the Erasmus+ programme.
Course fee: 660 euros per participant (7-day course).
- Learning Together’s Welcome Kit;
- A Daily Program designed by our trainers;
- Welcome Dinner to meet your new colleagues;
- Social and Cultural Heritage Activities integrated into networking and social dynamics:
Cultural Heritage Day: Guided Lisbon visit;
Belém and Modern Lisbon Bus Tour;
- Daily Coffee Break;
- Logistic, organizational and administrative support from headquarters;
- Daily assistance and on-call support throughout the whole week.
- Understand the dimensions of incorporation/integration, identity and belonging;
- Facilitate the understanding of identity, conflict and its diverse forms;
- Learn techniques and approaches that divert the focus from identifying differences to achieving a common goal;
- Understand sensations, feelings and thoughts through individual and collective perceptions;
- Develop skills for dialogue, tolerance and collaboration, using games and exercises;
- Develop communication, collaboration, presentation, problem-solving, negotiation, critical & creative thinking skills;
- Overcome integration barriers such as poor qualifications and language which may harm immigrants/refugees;
- Help students develop host language through language training, as well as embracing both identities and cultures (Europe´s and their own);
- Build a Sense of Belonging – pursuing active participation by all immigrants in all aspects of collective life;
- Citizenship as the last stage of a cultural integration process;
- Promote intercultural awareness;
- Promote universal access to education and enrich communication skills, improve foreign language competencies and promote EU’s linguistic diversity;
- Improve communication skills in English.
- Welcome dinner,icebreaking
- Meet & greet, networking – participants and staff
- Week briefing & planning
- Understanding culture – how does it define us?
- Understanding cultural baggage
- Sharing multi-cultural experiences in integration of immigrant children into the educational system
- Being conscious of immigrant children’s emotional and psychological distress in the integration process into a new environment
- Understanding the other participants’ perspectives
- City Tour
- The European perspective
- Diversity Dimensions
- What can be challenging about Diversity?
- Immigrants and host society: perceptions and realities – Portuguese case
- Raising cultural awareness through interactive games
- How to plan an intercultural curricula
- Providing supportive and multi-cultural school environment for all students
- Debate: How can a tolerant society manage intolerance?
- Planning programs for cooperation between schools, teachers, local community
members, NGO’s, Public institutions – strengthening children’s talents and potentials
- Empowering immigrant children to become active participants in and outside school
- Providing supportive school environment for a better integration (immigrant children)
- Guidelines presentation for immigrant children integration
- Promoting common Europeanvalues and tackling social exclusion
- Culture & Heritage Field Trips
- Video Collage Research – Group Work
- Interpersonal relationship
- The keys for effective communication: active listening
- Motivating oneself, Leadership and motivating others – Games
- Learning outcomes validation
- Certification Ceremony
- 7 Hills River Cruise
- Belém Lisbon Tour
- Modern Lisbon Tour
*This schedule/ program describes likely activities but may differ based on the trainer's discretion and objectives.
Still have Questions?
For more information, check our Pricing & FAQ.