In English, Please!
This course is appropriate for participants who seek to develop new English language skills (especially speaking fluency, vocabulary and pronunciation).
Participants will improve and enrich their English knowledge in selected aspects of the language and as a means of communication in class and in everyday situations.
Furthermore, we intent to update and deepen the understanding of teaching methodologies and practical teaching skills and techniques.
The course focuses on practical classroom activities and resources, providing participants with a refreshing variety of teaching techniques.
Objectives: this course aims to provide educators with opportunities to revitalize their English knowledge (beginner level), as well as reinforce their confidence on using and speaking the language. As a result of attending this course, participants will be more knowledgeable, confident and fluent English users.
Course Duration and Costs
All costs can be supported with a KA grant under the Erasmus+ programme.
For a 6-day course, Learning Together charges 580 euros per participant (A+B).
For our 6-day course, the course fee is 480 EUR per participant, for tuition and materials (6-day course x 80,00 EUR per day). This can be covered with the course fee that you receive with your KA1 grant: 80 EUR / day / person.
The course fee for our courses has been adjusted to meet the new KA1 grant budget (Erasmus+ Programme 2021-2027). Before, sending organisations received 70€/day/person for course fees. Now, the new KA1 grant provides 80€/day/person.
Payment of 100 EUR per participant (total amount).
This fee also includes our social program, which you can see below.
In the previous Erasmus+ programme, each educational organisation also received 350 EUR per participant for organisational support. Learning Together only charged 150 EUR for administration and organisation costs (local organisation and logistics, pedagogical support activities, learning validation, certification and Europass Mobility validation). With the new programme, the organisational support fees are now a standard 100 EUR per person – however, they can vary according project type (job-sadowing, long-term,…).
- Cultural Heritage day: Guided visit to the city of Porto;
- Hop On & Hop Off Tour Bus;
- Visit to” Ribeira” and 6 Bridges River Cruise;
- Visit to the Port Wine Cellars & Wine Tasting Experience.
Our trainer uses practical and innovative methodologies, and our participants get to learn in a positive environment, with different and exciting learning approaches! This course can be both for participants to develop their English (beginner), or for English teachers to apply different and more interactive teaching techniques in the classroom.
Enhance and refresh linguistic skills;
Enrich oral communication skills;
Introduce creative ideas to make classes livelier and interactive;
Implement practical activities for teaching challenging classes;
Enhance participants’ knowledge, skills and competencies relating to their work practice;
Increase confidence in speaking publicly: articulate clear questions and ideas in class discussion;
Transfer and share core values, experiences and effective teaching practices with other teachers and colleagues;
Provide teachers with an insight into Porto culture and heritage.
- Welcome dinner,icebreaking
- Meet & greet, networking – participants and staff
- Week briefing & planning
- Needs analysis and goal setting
- Fluency workshop
- Language Focus
- English in Action: Project Selection and Planning
- The format of a good lesson
- Generating creative language learning experiences and outcomes
- Grammar – Current idiomatic language
- Vocabulary: tips for Learning & Teaching Vocabulary
- Listening: cooperative story telling
- Drama & Role-play: using Film and Drama in class
- Literature and Identity
- Pronunciation – ideas and activities
- English Language Training
- Pronunciation workshop
- Grammar: the grammar of words and the Lexical Approach
- Fluency workshop
- Using authentic materials in the
- Presentation of “My best lesson”
- Future cooperation and planning follow up activities (discussion)
- Course roundup & review
- Learning outcomes’ validation
- Certification Ceremony
*This schedule/ program describes likely activities but may differ based on the trainer's discretion and objectives.
Still have Questions?
For more information, check our Pricing & FAQ.