Heritage Landscapes, Museums and Portuguese Culture
Portugal has the oldest borders in Europe, with an exceptional range of different landscapes just a short distance away, lots of leisure activities and a unique cultural heritage, where tradition and modernity blend together in perfect harmony. Its superb cuisine, fine wines and hospitable people make this country a tourist paradise of the highest quality.
The course aims to empower participants by raising awareness about the importance of safeguarding and promoting distinctive culture, cuisine, arts and sustainable tourism assets. This is essential to balance against the latest globalised food trends that impact our planet, health, local economies and prime the dimensions for the expression of European identity that are expressed on multiple social and biographical identities.
Course Duration and Costs
All costs of our courses can be supported with a grant under KA1 of the Erasmus+ programme.
Learning Together charges for a 6 days course 630 euros per participant (A+B).
For our 6 days course, the price fee is 480 euro for tuition and materials (6 day course x 80,00 Euros per day). This is covered with the course fee that you get with your KA1 grant: 80 euro per day.
Payment of 150 EUR per participant (total amount).
Each educational organization also receives 350 Euros per participant for organizational support. Learning Together will only charge you 150 Euros for administration and organization costs (Local organization, pedagogic support activities, learning validation, certification and Europass Mobility validation). This fee also includes our social program, which you can see below.
- Cultural Heritage day : Guide visit to the city of Porto.
- Visit to” Ribeira”and Boat Trip;
- Visit to the Port Wine Cellars.
The course fee for our 2022 courses have been adjusted to meet the new KA1 grant budget (Erasmus+ Program 2021-2027).
Before, sending organisations received 70€/day/person for course fees. Now, the new KA1 grant provides 80€/day/person.
Sending organisations also receive 350€/person for organisational support to cover organisational & administration costs from the Hosting organisation.
The main goals are:
• To explore the cultural dynamics of each curriculum through experimental and scientific expertise, using the resources that interactive centers have to offer;
• To raise awareness for natural heritage preservation by creating science interpretative centers.
• To develop and teach validation of participants’ learning outcomes through methods that are suitable for informal heritage environments;
• Use Museums, nature and urban landscapes as agents of sustainable development and as educational work for the dissemination of heritage, both in formal and informal education areas as a relevant reference point in the case of formal education;
• Use of interactive and participative working methods in order to achieve better teaching practices;
• To develop a European dimension of the teaching-learning process;
• To deepen the knowledge of the European values, policies and educational philosophy through heritage sites and landmarks;
• To provide teachers with an insight into Porto’s culture and heritage;
• To enhance communicative competence in English;
• The final objective is to identify and share good practices that can be implemented at a local level.