Hallo, wie geht's dir?
What better way to start learning a new language from scratch than jumping right in and getting good at the basics?
This course employs a communicative approach involving all five language skills: listening comprehension, speaking, reading, writing, and culture.
Our course helps you to build your confidence in navigating through commonplace situations, such as shopping at the supermarket, asking for directions, ordering food and drink at restaurants, and makings arrangements to meet people.
You can also develop some useful everyday vocabulary!
This course provides a general introduction to the German language, focusing occasionally on specific professional contexts of use related to the world of business or teaching.
Hallo, wie geht´s dir?
Our pricing policy follows the official regulations on transparent costs.
The costs can be supported with a KA grant under the Erasmus+ programme.
Course fee: 480 euros per participant (6-day course).
- Learning Together’s Welcome Kit;
- A Daily Program designed by our trainers;
- Welcome Dinner to meet your new colleagues;
- Daily Coffee Break;
- Logistic, organizational and administrative support from headquarters;
- Daily assistance and on-call support throughout the whole week.
- Daily assistance and suggestions (restaurants, sightseeing, hospitals…) – we also have a section on our website dedicated to Discovering Porto (eating, sleeping, sightseeing suggestions) that we always recommend our participants to check out.
- A course designed to help participants of all teaching areas to acquire basic proficiency in communication within culturally significant contexts;
- Improve participants to develop their language skills, especially oral fluency, and enable them to incorporate German into daily life or even classroom situations;
- An integrated approach to teaching language skills with emphasis on vocabulary acquisition and basic grammatical structures;
- Promoting and expanding language abilities and skills are not only tasks of the area of study called language but also concern other areas of study. Language is, therefore, a tool to facilitate other areas of study;
- Promote a European dimension in education to raise awareness and understanding of other cultures and countries.
The participants are expected to:
- Acquire basic cultural knowledge of German-speaking countries;
- Have a sense of German geography, society, sites of memory, historical figures, and culture-specific products such as fashion and cuisine;
- Develop the inter-human understanding between peoples across borders beyond one’s own cultural area, and between peoples of other cultures within one’s own borders due to globalisation, which is becoming increasingly important.
- Mastery of languages widens the horizons of experience and is important for one’s own mobility and for professional qualifications. Contact with other languages helps towards developing the understanding of other cultures and towards reflecting on one’s own language and culture;
- Share experiences and ideas with their peers.
- Welcome dinner,icebreaking
- Meet & greet, networking – participants and staff
- Week briefing & planning
- The alphabet, numbers and colours
- Introduce yourself/countries/occupations
- Languages and countries
- People and hobbies, The workplace
- Free time, At the hotel, The city map
- Food and drink. Recognise food items on a menu and learn how to order
- Talk about yourself, your family and work
- Times of the day, the week, seasons and special holidays
- Make plans and talk about transportation and travel
- Personal pronouns and verbs (present tense)
- Nouns: der/die/das
- Verbs: Modal verbs and sentence brackets. Past tense (“Perfekt“)
- The negative form, Place Prepositions
- Personal pronouns in the accusative case
- How to form a question using German ‘W’ words
- Verb position & conjugations (present tense)
- Personal and possessive pronouns
- Introduction to separable verbs
- Daily schedule
- Stress in the office or classroom
- Arranging appointments
- The seasons and the weather
- Destinations, travel preparations
- Living & the home furnishings
- Time Prepositions
- Sentence connectives: conjunctions
- Space Indicators
- Group work: presentation
- Course roundup & review
- Learning outcomes’ validation
- Certification Ceremony
*This schedule/ program describes likely activities but may differ based on the trainer's discretion and objectives.
Still have Questions?
For more information, check our Pricing & FAQ.