Educational Uses of Digital Storytelling
“A Digital Storytelling is a way of organising information, conveying emotions, building community in a series of still images or short videos that are combined with a narrated soundtrack to tell a story” (Bull & Kadjer,2004).
Although mobile technology is not yet widely used in schools, and in some cases even prohibited by internal regulations, the truth is that this technology, besides being a hallmark of contemporary life, is a powerful tool that challenges teachers and students to innovate in teaching learning practices.
This course intends to contribute to the understanding of this phenomenon and use its potential for developing a Digital Storytelling.
The course provides knowledge about this new pedagogical innovation, the advantages and disadvantages, but also with a very practical use of video tools to be implemented in classroom.
Our pricing policy follows the official regulations on transparent costs.
The costs can be supported with a KA grant under the Erasmus+ programme.
Course fee: 480 euros per participant (6-day course).
- Learning Together’s Welcome Kit;
- A Daily Program designed by our trainers;
- Welcome Dinner to meet your new colleagues;
- Daily Coffee Break;
- Logistic, organizational and administrative support from headquarters;
- Daily assistance and on-call support throughout the whole week.
- Daily assistance and suggestions (restaurants, sightseeing, hospitals…) – we also have a section on our website dedicated to Discovering Porto (eating, sleeping, sightseeing suggestions) that we always recommend our participants to check out.
Know what a Digital Storytelling innovative pedagogical scenario is;
Know the pedagogical potential of a Digital Storytelling innovative pedagogical scenario;
Understand the different roles of a Digital Storytelling innovative pedagogical scenario;
Design pedagogical activities using Digital Storytelling;
Produce a Digital Storytelling;
Develop social, language and communicative skills;
- Promote intercultural awareness.
- Welcome dinner,icebreaking
- Meet & greet, networking – participants and staff
- Week briefing & planning
- Digital Storytelling: Introduction, innovative pedagogical scenario
- Trainee presentation using video tools
- What is Digital Storytelling?
- Different roles and types of Digital Storytelling
- Mobile Learning with Digital Storytelling
- Practical: My Learning Platform with Edmodo
- Digital Storytelling Process – 8 Steps
- Practical: Step 1 – Write a proposal
- Practical: Step 2 – Research, explore and learn
- Practical: Step 3 – Write a script
- Practical: Step 4 – Storyboard/plan (how to create a storyboard?)
- Video learning potential
- Practical: Step 5 – gather/create images, audios and videos outside
- Activity examples to integrate video within the curriculum
- How can a teacher use videos? (Khan Academy and TEDed exercises)
- Practical: Step 6 – Put it all together with Animoto or Beatable apps
- Practical: Step 7 – Share
- Practical: Step 8 – Feedback and reflection
- Discussion and course evaluation
- Learning validation
- Certification Ceremony
*This schedule/ program describes likely activities but may differ based on the trainer's discretion and objectives.
Still have Questions?
For more information, check our Pricing & FAQ.