Educational Uses of Digital Storytelling
“A Digital Storytelling is a way of organising information, conveying emotions, building community in a series of still images or short videos that are combined with a narrated soundtrack to tell a story” (Bull & Kadjer,2004).
Although mobile technology is not yet widely used in schools, and in some cases even prohibited by internal regulations, the truth is that this technology, besides being a hallmark of contemporary life, is a powerful tool that challenges teachers and students to innovate in teaching learning practices.
This course intends to contribute to the understanding of this phenomenon and use its potential for developing a Digital Storytelling.
The course provides knowledge about this new pedagogical innovation, the advantages and disadvantages, but also with a very practical use of video tools to be implemented in classroom.
Course Duration and Costs
All costs can be supported with a KA grant under the Erasmus+ programme.
For a 6-day course, Learning Together charges 580 euros per participant (A+B).
For our 6-day course, the course fee is 480 EUR per participant, for tuition and materials (6-day course x 80,00 EUR per day). This can be covered with the course fee that you receive with your KA1 grant: 80 EUR / day / person.
The course fee for our 2022 courses has been adjusted to meet the new KA1 grant budget (Erasmus+ Programme 2021-2027). Before, sending organisations received 70€/day/person for course fees. Now, the new KA1 grant provides 80€/day/person.
Payment of 100 EUR per participant (total amount).
This fee also includes our social program, which you can see below.
In the previous Erasmus+ programme, each educational organisation also received 350 EUR per participant for organisational support. Learning Together only charged 150 EUR for administration and organisation costs (local organisation and logistics, pedagogical support activities, learning validation, certification and Europass Mobility validation). With the new programme, the organisational support fees are now a standard 100 EUR per person – however, they can vary according project type (job-sadowing, long-term,…).
- Cultural Heritage day: Guided visit to the city of Porto;
- Hop On & Hop Off Tour Bus;
- Visit to” Ribeira” and 6 Bridges River Cruise;
- Visit to the Port Wine Cellars & Wine Tasting Experience.
Know what a Digital Storytelling innovative pedagogical scenario is;
Know the pedagogical potential of a Digital Storytelling innovative pedagogical scenario;
Understand the different roles of a Digital Storytelling innovative pedagogical scenario;
Design pedagogical activities using Digital Storytelling;
Produce a Digital Storytelling;
Develop social, language and communicative skills;
- Promote intercultural awareness.
- Welcome dinner,icebreaking
- Meet & greet, networking – participants and staff
- Week briefing & planning
- Digital Storytelling: Introduction, innovative pedagogical scenario
- Trainee presentation using video tools
- What is Digital Storytelling?
- Different roles and types of Digital Storytelling
- Mobile Learning with Digital Storytelling
- Practical: My Learning Platform with Edmodo
- Digital Storytelling Process – 8 Steps
- Practical: Step 1 – Write a proposal
- Practical: Step 2 – Research, explore and learn
- Practical: Step 3 – Write a script
- Practical: Step 4 – Storyboard/plan (how to create a storyboard?)
- Video learning potential
- Practical: Step 5 – gather/create images, audios and videos outside
- Activity examples to integrate video within the curriculum
- How can a teacher use videos? (Khan Academy and TEDed exercises)
- Practical: Step 6 – Put it all together with Animoto or Beatable apps
- Practical: Step 7 – Share
- Practical: Step 8 – Feedback and reflection
- Discussion and course evaluation
- Learning validation
- Certification Ceremony
*This schedule/ program describes likely activities but may differ based on the trainer's discretion and objectives.
Still have Questions?
For more information, check our Pricing & FAQ.