Good leadership in schools is vital for improving students’ learning outcomes.
School leaders should work with staff to understand their personal development needs and skills, as well as their knowledge gaps.
This can help to create a culture of empowerment, self-directed learning and responsibility. Furthermore, leading by example can demonstrate how schooling staff can improve their teaching capacity.
Good leadership in schools is the practice of encouraging and enabling school-wide teaching expertise to achieve a strong progress rate for all learners. This leadership can be driven by principals and executive staff in traditional leadership roles, as well as by school leaders and teachers without defined leadership roles.
For teaching staff and future leaders in the education sector, it’s important to understand what the benchmark is for good leadership in schools, and how it can be used to drive lasting and sustainable change.
Course Duration and Costs
All costs can be supported with a KA grant under the Erasmus+ programme.
For a 6-day course, Learning Together charges 580 euros per participant (A+B).
For our 6-day course, the course fee is 480 EUR per participant, for tuition and materials (6-day course x 80,00 EUR per day). This can be covered with the course fee that you receive with your KA1 grant: 80 EUR / day / person.
The course fee for our 2022 courses has been adjusted to meet the new KA1 grant budget (Erasmus+ Programme 2021-2027). Before, sending organisations received 70€/day/person for course fees. Now, the new KA1 grant provides 80€/day/person.
Payment of 100 EUR per participant (total amount).
This fee also includes our social program, which you can see below.
In the previous Erasmus+ programme, each educational organisation also received 350 EUR per participant for organisational support. Learning Together only charged 150 EUR for administration and organisation costs (local organisation and logistics, pedagogical support activities, learning validation, certification and Europass Mobility validation). With the new programme, the organisational support fees are now a standard 100 EUR per person – however, they can vary according project type (job-sadowing, long-term,…).
- Cultural Heritage day: Guided visit to the city of Porto;
- Hop On & Hop Off Tour Bus;
- Visit to” Ribeira” and 6 Bridges River Cruise;
- Visit to the Port Wine Cellars & Wine Tasting Experience.
Last Course Gallery
- Train the prospective school executive and staff to practice strategic leadership that promotes a vision, mission, values, beliefs and goals for 21st-century schools;
- Provide school executives with the knowledge regarding the best school practices that result in an environment of accountability and high standards for all students;
- Provide a learning program that enhances school executives’ understanding of the school’s culture contribution to:
- its performance;
- student learning;
- and to the collective goals’ achievement;
- Develop school staff’s skills to create a professional learning community that empowers teachers with distributive leadership;
- Facilitate school executives’ external development leadership skills that will enhance parent/community/business engagement, support and ownership within the school;
- Develop school executives’ micropolitical leadership skills to facilitate social cohesion and shared decision-making among staff.
- Welcome dinner,icebreaking
- Meet & greet, networking – participants and staff
- Week briefing & planning
- Be able to articulate a vision of how schools should seek to prepare students for the changing 21st-century world
- Become knowledgeable on scheduling processes that address diverse student learning needs
- Develop the knowledge, skills and dispositions needed to be a visible, accessible and effective school leader
- Develop the skills needed to formulate annual school improvement plans through collaboration with all school stakeholders
- Demonstrate 21st century knowledge curriculum, instruction and assessment
- Understand the process of collecting/using student and other formative assessment data for instructional improvement
- Develop the skills needed to conduct fair and equitable teacher evaluations
- Understand and use data from sources such as the NC Teacher Working Conditions Survey
to influence school improvement
- Learn how to successfully influence the evolution of the school’s culture to support continuous school improvement
- Develop effective communication skills related to school accomplishments to the district office and public media
- Develop the skills needed to effectively distribute leadership throughout the school board
- Understand how professional learning communities can create and support collaborative work environments
- Learn how to develop professional learning
communities that are aligned with the school’s
improvement plan and focus on 21st century student
- Learn how to implement site-based management to support team decision-making of both faculty and staff within the school~
- Improve knowledge – hiring, inducting and mentoring new teachers and other school staff
- Understand how to develop a balanced operational budget for school programs and activities
- Learn how to proactively mediate staff interests and intervene regarding discordant issues when needed
- Understand how to align the school’s curriculum with the state’s accountability program
- Learn the skills needed to promote a sense of wellbeing among faculty, staff, student and parents
- Develop the external leadership skills needed to empower parents and other stakeholders to take shared responsibility for student and school success.
- Develop the skills needed to effectively promote collaborative design, sharing, evaluation, and engaging instruction that ensure student learning
- Learn how to effectively collaborate with faculty and staff to develop clear expectations, structures, rules and procedures for students and staff
- Develop an understanding of how performance should be utilized as the criteria for reward and advancement
- Group work presentation
- Course roundup & review
- Certification Ceremony
*This schedule/ program describes likely activities but may differ based on the trainer's discretion and objectives.
Still have Questions?
For more information, check our Pricing & FAQ.