Good leadership in schools is vital for improving students’ learning outcomes.
School leaders should work with staff to understand their personal development needs and skills, as well as their knowledge gaps.
This can help to create a culture of empowerment, self-directed learning and responsibility. Furthermore, leading by example can demonstrate how schooling staff can improve their teaching capacity.
Good leadership in schools is the practice of encouraging and enabling school-wide teaching expertise to achieve a strong progress rate for all learners. This leadership can be driven by principals and executive staff in traditional leadership roles, as well as by school leaders and teachers without defined leadership roles.
For teaching staff and future leaders in the education sector, it’s important to understand what the benchmark is for good leadership in schools, and how it can be used to drive lasting and sustainable change.
Course Duration and Costs
All costs can be supported with a KA grant under the Erasmus+ programme.
For a 6-day course, Learning Together charges 580 euros per participant (A+B).
For our 6-day course, the course fee is 480 EUR per participant, for tuition and materials (6-day course x 80,00 EUR per day). This can be covered with the course fee that you receive with your KA1 grant: 80 EUR / day / person.
The course fee for our 2022 courses has been adjusted to meet the new KA1 grant budget (Erasmus+ Programme 2021-2027). Before, sending organisations received 70€/day/person for course fees. Now, the new KA1 grant provides 80€/day/person.
Payment of 100 EUR per participant (total amount).
This fee also includes our social program, which you can see below.
In the previous Erasmus+ programme, each educational organisation also received 350 EUR per participant for organisational support. Learning Together only charged 150 EUR for administration and organisation costs (local organisation and logistics, pedagogical support activities, learning validation, certification and Europass Mobility validation). With the new programme, the organisational support fees are now a standard 100 EUR per person – however, they can vary according project type (job-sadowing, long-term,…).
- Cultural Heritage day: Guided visit to the city of Porto;
- Visit to” Ribeira” and 6 Bridges River Cruise;
- Visit to the Port Wine Cellars & Wine Tasting Experience.
- Train the prospective school executive and staff to practice strategic leadership that promotes a vision, mission, values, beliefs and goals for 21st-century schools;
- Provide school executives with the knowledge regarding the best school practices that result in an environment of accountability and high standards for all students;
- Provide a learning program that enhances school executives’ understanding of the school’s culture contribution to:
- its performance;
- student learning;
- and to the collective goals’ achievement;
- Develop school staff’s skills to create a professional learning community that empowers teachers with distributive leadership;
- Facilitate school executives’ external development leadership skills that will enhance parent/community/business engagement, support and ownership within the school;
- Develop school executives’ micropolitical leadership skills to facilitate social cohesion and shared decision-making among staff.