E.U. And Me
Europe, as a joint project, is facing one of the biggest challenges in its recent history. Building a sense of belonging among EU citizens undoubtedly involves deepening the development of initiatives and the widespread incorporation of European themes into the school curricula.
Recognizing local and regional identities, as well as the friendly relationships that European exchanges and projects create, contribute decisively to the knowledge and appreciation of the multiple identities, institutions and lifestyles of European citizens, while reinforcing their sense of belonging and identity at regional, national, European and universal levels.
If, at the outset, the concept of the European dimension was centered on the knowledge that students and teachers should have about Member States, today it means not only that, but the exercise of active European citizenship by informing learners of the need to be prepared to face global challenges, taking advantage of what the EU has to offer, acquiring capabilities and developing skills that are appropriate to the labour market demands as well.
Course Duration and Costs
All costs can be supported with a KA grant under the Erasmus+ programme.
This is a 6-Day course – of which Learning Together charges 580 euros per participant (A+B).
For a 6-day course, the course fee is 480 EUR per participant, for tuition and materials (6-day course x 80,00 EUR per day). This can be covered with the course fee that you receive with your KA1 grant: 80 EUR / day / person.
The course fee for our 2022 courses has been adjusted to meet the new KA1 grant budget (Erasmus+ Programme 2021-2027). Before, sending organisations received 70€/day/person for course fees. Now, the new KA1 grant provides 80€/day/person.
Payment of 100 EUR per participant (total amount).
This fee also includes our social program, which you can see below.
In the previous Erasmus+ programme, each educational organisation also received 350 EUR per participant for organisational support. Learning Together only charged 150 EUR for administration and organisation costs (local organisation and logistics, pedagogical support activities, learning validation, certification and Europass Mobility validation). With the new programme, the organisational support fees are now a standard 100 EUR per person – however, they can vary according project type (job-sadowing, long-term,…).
- Cultural Heritage day: Guided visit to the city of Porto;
- Hop On & Hop Off Bus Tour;
- Visit to” Ribeira” and 6 Bridges River Cruise;
- Visit to the Port Wine Cellars & Wine Tasting Experience.
Last Course Gallery
Given the New European Dimension of Education, the aim of the course is to raise awareness among teachers and schools, in order to teach children and young people about European construction and identity. This course settles within a framework of global citizenship advancement, alongside values development that will lead to a better awareness of Europe’s richness and cultural diversity. The overall aim must be to strengthen the sense of European identity in young generations and teach them the advantages and challenges of European citizenship.
- Sense of responsibility in an interdependent society,and equal opportunities for all;
- Act autonomously, make value judgments, criticallyevaluate issues and adapt to the challenges of innovation;
- Enhance young people’s learning potential at aprofessional and personal level, motivating them for lifelong learning;
- Provide training and qualifications that help the participants to enable students to make a smooth transition to their working life and, in particular, to prepare them for the demands of technological development;
- Identify and share good practices that can be implemented at a local level.
- Welcome dinner,icebreaking
- Meet & greet, networking – participants and staff
- Week briefing & planning
- The European Union. Historical and institutional introduction The Maastricht Treaty – The Lisbon Treaty
- The Charter of Fundamental Rights of the EU
- Guided Tour through the heart of Porto City, exploring its landmarks and local European constructions, at a cultural and citizenship level
- The pillars of the European Dimension of Education:
- Europe and the World
- Process of building European unity
- Today’s European Challenges
- The role, good practices & activities that education institutions can develop to deepen full European citizenship:
- Schengen Agreement & its importance in building European unity
- The great migratory movements of peoples today
- Recognize the importance of solidarity in building a more cohesive Europe
- Link European citizenship with the entrenching of EU citizens rights
- Understand the importance of civic & democratic participation in building Europe
- Mobility in the EU – the role of Institutions
- Know programs, projects for promoting European citizenship
- Enhance mobility opportunities in the EU
- Reflect on the importance of European cooperation networks
- Erasmus+: Capacity Building Testimonial – from current and past Erasmus+ mobility programmes beneficiaries, who will tell us about the multiple advantages of taking part in such projects
- The future – guidelines for strengthening education policies
How can institutions implement dissemination mechanisms for social, energy and environmental sustainability values & practices?
- Principles and methodologies
- The specificity of students’ new behaviors
- Good practices to be adopted
- EU concerns in education and sport
- Guided Visit to social and informal spaces, attended by Erasmus students
- Learning outcomes validation
- Certification Ceremony
*This schedule/ program describes likely activities but may differ based on the trainer's discretion and objectives.
Still have Questions?
For more information, check our Pricing & FAQ.