E.U. and Me
Europe, as a joint project, is facing one of the most severe challenges in its recent history. Building a sense of belonging among EU citizens undoubtedly involves deepening the development of initiatives and the widespread incorporation of European themes into school curricula.
The experience of various daily lives in European countries, while also recognizing local and regional identities, as well as the friendly relationships that European exchanges and projects create, contribute decisively to the knowledge and appreciation of the multiple identities, institutions and lifestyles of European citizens, while reinforcing their sense of belonging and identity at regional, national, European and universal levels.
If at the outset the concept of the European dimension was centered on the knowledge that students and teachers should have about the Member States, today it means not only that knowledge, but the exercise of active European citizenship by informing learners of the need to be prepared to face the challenges of the global world, taking advantage of what EU has to offer, acquiring capabilities and developing skills that are appropriate to the demands on the labour market as well.
Course Duration and Costs
All costs of our courses can be supported with a grant under KA1 of the Erasmus+ programme.
Learning Together charges for a 6 days course 630 euros per participant (A+B).
For our 6 days course, the price fee is 480 euro for tuition and materials (6 day course x 80,00 Euros per day). This is covered with the course fee that you get with your KA1 grant: 80 euro per day.
Payment of 150 EUR per participant (total amount).
Each educational organization also receives 350 Euros per participant for organizational support. Learning Together will only charge you 150 Euros for administration and organization costs (Local organization, pedagogic support activities, learning validation, certification and Europass Mobility validation). This fee also includes our social program, which you can see below.
- Cultural Heritage day : Guide visit to the city of Porto.
- Visit to” Ribeira”and Boat Trip;
- Visit to the Port Wine Cellars.
The course fee for our 2022 courses have been adjusted to meet the new KA1 grant budget (Erasmus+ Program 2021-2027).
Before, sending organisations received 70€/day/person for course fees. Now, the new KA1 grant provides 80€/day/person.
Sending organisations also receive 350€/person for organisational support to cover organisational & administration costs from the Hosting organisation.
n the context of the New European Dimension of Education, the aim of the course is to raise awareness among teachers and, by means of dissemination, schools, in order to provide children and young people with the learning of themes of European construction and identity. This course settles within a framework of global citizenship advancement, alongside the development of attitudes and values that will lead to the expansion of participants’ awareness about Europe’s richness and cultural diversity. The overall aim must be to strengthen the sense of European identity in young generations and teach them the advantages and challenges of European citizenship.
• acquisition of a sense of responsibility in an interdependent society, and equal opportunities for all;
• abilities to act autonomously, to make value judgments, to critically evaluate issues and to adapt to the challenges of innovation;
• Enhance young people’s learning potential at a professional and personal level, motivating them for lifelong learning;
• Provide training and qualifications that help the participants to enable students to make a smooth transition to working life and, in particular, to prepare them for the demands of technological development;
• Enable the identification and sharing of good practices that can be implemented at local level.