Digital Competences in Education
Digital competence is the set of knowledge, skills and attitudes that should be acquired by all people in order to ensure critical and creative use of ICT and digital media for the purpose of achieving goals related to work, learning and/or leisure. The European Commission’s European Digital Competence Framework for Educators (DigCompEdu), aims to promote digital competence (DC) and innovation in education.
It is essential that teachers to make learning and teaching effective should become familiar with the digital competence and develop a set of DC in order to take advantage of the potential of digital technologies. This action aims to contribute to developing the DC of teachers and their ability to implement innovative teaching and learning strategies. The ambition is to create favorable conditions for educational practices that promote the development of students’ digital skills.
Course Duration and Costs
All costs can be supported with a KA grant under the Erasmus+ programme.
For a 6-day course, Learning Together charges 580 euros per participant (A+B).
For our 6-day course, the course fee is 480 EUR per participant, for tuition and materials (6-day course x 80,00 EUR per day). This can be covered with the course fee that you receive with your KA1 grant: 80 EUR / day / person.
The course fee for our 2022 courses has been adjusted to meet the new KA1 grant budget (Erasmus+ Programme 2021-2027). Before, sending organisations received 70€/day/person for course fees. Now, the new KA1 grant provides 80€/day/person.
Payment of 100 EUR per participant (total amount).
This fee also includes our social program, which you can see below.
In the previous Erasmus+ programme, each educational organisation also received 350 EUR per participant for organisational support. Learning Together only charged 150 EUR for administration and organisation costs (local organisation and logistics, pedagogical support activities, learning validation, certification and Europass Mobility validation). With the new programme, the organisational support fees are now a standard 100 EUR per person – however, they can vary according project type (job-sadowing, long-term,…).
- Cultural Heritage day: Guided visit to the city of Porto;
- Hop On & Hop Off Tour Bus;
- Visit to” Ribeira” and 6 Bridges River Cruise;
- Visit to the Port Wine Cellars & Wine Tasting Experience.
The course’s main goal is the participants to identify areas of improvement and how to become effective communicators in stressful situations. The learning environment includes instruction, exercises, small and large group discussions, and lots of hands-on practice. Our goal is to help our participants to develop skills of handling pressure and sense of confidence.
- Promote the development, deepening and densification of teachers’ DCs, with a view to the 6 areas of the DigCompEdu benchmark;
- Enable teachers to carry out activities with digital technologies in different modalities of education of teaching;
- Train teachers to implement activities that promote learning and the development of students’ DCs development of the students’ DCs;
- Stimulate reflection, sharing and critical use of technologies in the educational context.
- Work with feedback to understand its positive contribution toward student motivation.
- Welcome dinner,icebreaking
- Meet & greet, networking – participants and staff
- Week briefing & planning
- Framework documents of educational policies.
- Professional involvement: Discussion, renewal and innovation in professional practice. Processes of processes in the digital age
- Computerization and information literacy. Identify, organize, retrieve, store, and analyze information and digital content, evaluating its purpose
- Digital Educational Resources (DER): Use of advanced strategies and DER in a comprehensive way
- Promoting the use of Digital Educational
- Resources (DER) in a collaborative way
- Creation of digital content
- Communication and elaboration. Share resources and tools, share, interact and participate in communities and networks
- Teaching and Learning: Renewing teaching practice in a strategic and intentional way
- Innovation in the teaching and learning process in different educational modalities
- Assessment of learning: Critical reflection about digital assessment strategies
- Innovation in the assessment of learning with digital solutions
- Students’ DC ( Digital Competences): Promoting students’ DC in a comprehensive and critical way. Innovation in engaging students using innovative formats to promote their DC
- Planning of training and lifelong learning
- Acquisition of knowledge, concepts or facts to be acquired
- Acquisition of attitudes, behaviors to be generated and developed
- Development of skills to be mastered
- Autonomous work: Adaptation of the constructed activities to to suit the context of each teacher context
- Presentation of participants’ learning portfolios
- Course roundup & review
- Learning outcomes’ validation
- Certification Ceremony
*This schedule/ program describes likely activities but may differ based on the trainer's discretion and objectives.
Still have Questions?
For more information, check our Pricing & FAQ.