Audiovisual Tools for the Digital Teacher
Being raised in a digital era, today’s students may find conventional pursuits like reading to be incredibly monotonous while naturally focusing much more on audiovisual information (e.g., videos, photos, and audio resources). Therefore, educators can sometimes feel unprepared when attempting to teach students in a new media language.
This course has been designed for educators who want to use audiovisuals (including video production) to enhance student engagement and foster collaboration.
By introducing the participants to the pedagogical power of audiovisual information, this course seeks to close the gap.
The course’s programme structure will cross the different areas of audiovisual tools, audio production, digital video production and concept and digital image management focused on teachers’ and educators’ jobs related to the work in the classroom.
By the end of the course, teachers will feel confident in using a variety of online resources, video and photography technologies to create teaching aids and educational projects for their pupils.
Referred Free Tools
Video Edition: Capcut, Canva, Shot Cut,etc.
Video Content: Pixabay, Pexels, etc.
Image Edition: Canva, Unsplash, Pexels, etc.
Audio: AudioHub, LESFMS, etc.
Course Duration and Costs
All costs can be supported with a KA grant under the Erasmus+ programme.
For a 6-day course, Learning Together charges 580 euros per participant (A+B).
For our 6-day course, the course fee is 480 EUR per participant, for tuition and materials (6-day course x 80,00 EUR per day). This can be covered with the course fee that you receive with your KA1 grant: 80 EUR / day / person.
The course fee for our 2022 courses has been adjusted to meet the new KA1 grant budget (Erasmus+ Programme 2021-2027). Before, sending organisations received 70€/day/person for course fees. Now, the new KA1 grant provides 80€/day/person.
Payment of 100 EUR per participant (total amount).
This fee also includes our social program, which you can see below.
In the previous Erasmus+ programme, each educational organisation also received 350 EUR per participant for organisational support. Learning Together only charged 150 EUR for administration and organisation costs (local organisation and logistics, pedagogical support activities, learning validation, certification and Europass Mobility validation). With the new programme, the organisational support fees are now a standard 100 EUR per person – however, they can vary according project type (job-sadowing, long-term,…).
- Cultural Heritage day: Guided visit to the city of Porto;
- Hop On & Hop Off Tour Bus;
- Visit to” Ribeira” and 6 Bridges River Cruise;
- Visit to the Port Wine Cellars & Wine Tasting Experience.
The course’s objectives are to improve participants’ communication with their students, as they will be able to employ a variety of digital content formats, including audio platforms, videos, and social media.
- Look for audiovisual materials on educational platforms
- Use, modify, and produce their own audiovisual materials in order to enrich and motivate their students’
- Use the best tools and free software for organizing and creating films, images, and sounds during the course
- Find secure internet resources, upload and share files, manage timelines, audio/visual content, and add subtitles to video
- Apply fundamental videography techniques
- Edit images and films
- Arrange sounds and words in visual resources
- Upload and distribute video content
- Use audiovisual resources to further your studies
- Enhance communicative competences in English
- Share experiences and ideas with their peers
- Welcome dinner,icebreaking
- Meet & greet, networking – participants and staff
- Week briefing & planning
- Content Analysis
- Target Audience
- Building the basis. Audiovisual language, Format, image composition
- Image Editors
- Infographics and visual elements
- Introduction to Videos: formats, filming techniques, frame rates and presentation tools
- Screen recording and screencasting
- Video platforms: Youtube, channels, filters, playlists, regulations
- Streaming Lessons: tools, utility, formats
- Free instructional videos platforms
- Using your phone as a camera for making videos
- Set, lights and sound
- Recording yourself
- Video editing tools – software from YouTube, adding sounds from YouTube libraries
- Examples and exercises;
- Sound effects
- Video cutting/clipping
- Edit a colleague’s video presentation as a practical assignment
- Adding subtitles
- Presentation of participants’ learning portfolios
- Course roundup & review
- Learning outcomes’ validation
- Certification Ceremony
*This schedule/ program describes likely activities but may differ based on the trainer's discretion and objectives.
Still have Questions?
For more information, check our Pricing & FAQ.