This course is designed for teaching staff and aspiring educational leaders to understand the critical role of good leadership in schools and develop effective conflict management skills. Recognizing that good
Leadership & Conflict Management
This course is designed for teaching staff and aspiring educational leaders to understand the critical role of good leadership in schools and develop effective conflict management skills. Recognizing that good leadership is essential for improving student outcomes, the course emphasizes the need for school leaders to work collaboratively with staff, fostering a culture of empowerment, self-directed learning, and responsibility. Leadership, in this context, extends beyond traditional roles, involving principals, executive staff, and teachers without formal leadership positions.
The course explores the benchmark for good leadership in schools, providing insights into driving lasting and sustainable change. Participants will learn how leading by example can enhance teaching capacity across the entire school.
Additionally, the program acknowledges that conflicts are inevitable in any school environment due to the dynamic nature of interpersonal relationships. It delves into the understanding that schools serve as micro-level societies, where conflicts arise based on hierarchical positions. Participants will be equipped with strategies to comprehend and manage conflicts effectively, ensuring they do not negatively impact the teaching and learning process.
Last Course Gallery
Our pricing policy follows the official regulations on transparent costs.
The costs can be supported with a KA grant under the Erasmus+ programme.
Course fee: 580 euros per participant (7-day course).
- Learning Together’s Welcome Kit;
- A Daily Program designed by our trainers;
- Welcome Dinner to meet your new colleagues;
- Social and Cultural Heritage Activities integrated into networking and social dynamics:
Cultural Heritage Day: Guided Lisbon visit;
Belém and Modern Lisbon Bus Tour;
- Daily Coffee Break;
- Logistic, organizational and administrative support from headquarters;
- Daily assistance and on-call support throughout the whole week.
By the end of the course, participants will be equipped with the knowledge and skills to navigate the complexities of leadership and conflict management in educational settings, contributing to a positive and productive school environment.
Leadership Excellence: Understand the principles of good leadership in schools, exploring how it enhances teaching expertise and contributes to overall progress for all learners.
Empowerment and Responsibility: Foster a culture of empowerment, self-directed learning, and responsibility within the school community, promoting a collaborative approach to leadership.
Conflict Recognition and Understanding: Recognize the inevitability of conflicts in school environments and gain a comprehensive understanding of the underlying dynamics in micro-level societies.
Conflict Management Strategies: Acquire skills to manage conflicts constructively, establish cooperative relationships, and develop integrative solutions to maintain harmony within the school community.
Teacher’s Role in Conflict Resolution: Recognize the central role teachers play in handling conflicts within schools, and develop the ability to apply conflict management theories in various situations.
Application to Classroom Learning Environments: Understand the relevance of conflict management skills specifically in the context of the school precinct and classroom, ensuring a positive impact on the teaching and learning process.
- Develop communication and social skills in English.
- Share best practices with teachers from other countries, cultures and backgrounds.
- Welcome dinner,icebreaking
- Meet & greet, networking – participants and staff
- Week briefing & planning
- Introduction to Leadership in Education
- The Importance of Good Leadership for Student Outcomes
- Different Leadership Styles and Their Impact
- Case Studies: Successful Educational Leadership Models
- Collaborative Leadership: Involving Staff in Decision-Making
- Building a Culture of Empowerment and Responsibility
- Group Activities: Developing Leadership Skills through Team Building
- Leading by Example: Models and Strategies
- Enhancing Teaching Capacity Across the School
- Peer Observation and Feedback for Professional Development
- Developing a Personal Leadership Action Plan
- Practical Exercises: Applying Leadership Principles in Classroom Settings
- The Nature of Conflict in School Environments
- Micro-Level Societies: Hierarchical Positions and Dynamic Relationships
- Conflict Recognition and Understanding
- Conflict Management Theories and Strategies
- Case Studies: Effective Conflict Resolution in Education
- Group Role-Playing: Simulating Conflict Scenarios in School Settings
- The Teacher’s Role in Conflict Resolution
- Integrating Conflict Management Skills into Teaching
- Classroom Dynamics: Recognizing and Addressing Conflicts Early On
- Interactive Workshop: Developing Personalized Conflict Management Plans
- Practical Strategies for Maintaining Harmony in Classroom Environments
- Develop the skills needed to effectively
promote collaborative design, sharing,
evaluation, and engaging instruction that
ensure student learning
- Learn how to effectively collaborate with
faculty and staff to develop clear
expectations, structures, rules and
procedures for students and staff
- Develop an understanding of how
performance should be utilized as the
criteria for reward and advancement
- Group work presentation
- Course roundup & review
- Certification Ceremony
- Social Activities Program in beautiful Lisbon, Portugal
*This schedule/ program describes likely activities but may differ based on the trainer's discretion and objectives.
Still have Questions?
For more information, check our Pricing & FAQ.