Nowadays, bullying is a frequent threat to the physical and mental integrity of our students, especially during teenage years. This type of school violence is evidenced through a set of aggressive, intentional and repetitive behaviors, individual or collective initiative of students, addressed to one or several other students.
Bullying and Cyberbullying
Nowadays, bullying is a frequent threat to the physical and mental integrity of our students, especially during teenage years.
This type of school violence is evidenced through a set of aggressive, intentional and repetitive behaviors, individual or collective initiative of students, addressed to one or several other students. The adolescent (or child) is subject to insults, jokes, ridicule, vexatious attitudes, negative nicknames, etc.
On top of this, cyber bullying has come to amplify this serious issue, through social networks and other technological means.
Today, the vast majority of children and young people have access to the Internet at home, have a computer, tablet or smartphones and are constantly online. Without the monitoring and information of parents and teachers, children become more vulnerable in an extremely complex and dangerous world. Cyber safety and prevention mechanisms can be important tools to reduce the occurrence of these social phenomena.
Objectives: sensitize teachers about the potential risks and impacts of such actions on the psychological and physical health of young students. This course also aims to train teachers in the prevention, detection and action against threats of this nature, always trying to share and disseminate good practices. Bullying & Cyberbullying can be considerably reduced, and ideally prevented, dissuading this culture among children and adolescents and implementing official mechanisms for monitoring these issues, whenever necessary.
Our pricing policy follows the official regulations on transparent costs.
The costs can be supported with a KA grant under the Erasmus+ programme.
Course fee: 520 euros per participant (6-day course).
- Learning Together’s Welcome Kit;
- A Daily Program designed by our trainers;
- Welcome Dinner to meet your new colleagues;
- Cultural Heritage Day: Guided Porto visit;
- Daily Coffee Break;
- Logistic, organizational and administrative support from headquarters;
- Daily assistance and on-call support throughout the whole week.
- Recognize warning signs for bullying;
- Know the impacts on psychic and physical health, academic performance & family welfare;
- Know the profile and the group dynamics of the aggressor or the aggressors;
- Know how to avoid offenders and fend off attackers – deal with bullies;
- Cyberbullying: prevention & intervention in social networks, electronic mail, messages (text and multimedia), video posting and photographs on electronic platforms;
- Understand the institutions, mechanisms and performance obligations in Europe.
Other learning results:
- Improve ICT skills;
- Reinforce self and cultural awareness as a European citizen;
- Improve language, communication and social skills.
- Welcome dinner,icebreaking
- Meet & greet, networking – participants and staff
- Week briefing & planning
- What is cyberbullying?
- Who does cyberbullying impact?
- Characteristics of a Bully
- What We Know About Cyberbullying Social Networking and Cyberbullying
- Impacts that cyberbullying has on its victims
- Consequences of Cyberbullying
- From Bullying to Suicide Existing
- Internet Safety Technologies
- Celebrity Involvement
- Content and Behavior Analysis
- Blocking Undesirable Contacts
- Reporting Content
- Age/Identity Verification
- Where to go for help
- Educators Taking Action
- Parental Awareness and the Students’ Roles
- The School System’s Response
- Helping Students Help Each Other – Building a Responsible Classroom Free from Bullying
- Report Cyberbullying to Law
- Enforcement and System Administrators
- Discussion and course evaluation
- Learning validation
- Certification Ceremony
*This schedule/ program describes likely activities but may differ based on the trainer's discretion and objectives.
Still have Questions?
For more information, check our Pricing & FAQ.