A PRACTICAL CLIL (content and language integrated learning
Around the world today there are increasing numbers of teachers and lecturers who are expected to teach their subject through the medium of English. For students and teachers for whom English is an additional language this raises a range of important issues. CLIL (content and language integrated learning) methodology can provide the necessary tools that teachers and lecturers need to guide understanding and support the learning of their students. The CLIL course is designed for teachers who would like to widen their skill set in this area.
The course aims to introduce and explain the CLIL approach to teaching academic subjects, while also helping participants to refresh their own English language skills. The course will comprehensively examine all aspects of CLIL, while giving participants the opportunity to practice the methodology. Participants will understand the needs of learners and will develop and practice teaching techniques that can support and motivate subject students in new ways.
· To expand and improve their understanding, expertise and skills related to content and language integrated learning (CLIL) .
· Combine subject goals with associated language goals in learner-centred lessons
· To apply the knowledge and skills to create their own high quality CLIL education;
· To apply the knowledge and skills to develop a subject and language integrated curriculum;
· Improve how to manage a CLIL lesson: materials, time management, coordination with colleagues;
· To practice presentation and lecturing skills through English
More than the learning outcomes:
• Reinforcing self-awareness as a European citizen;
• Share ideas and resources with other teachers;
• Improve communication and social skills;
• Promoting intercultural awareness;
• Improve your English skills.
Location and Dates
In Porto – Portugal
02 Aug 2020 to 07 Aug 2020
Course Duration and Costs
All costs of our courses can be supported with a grant under KA1 of the Erasmus+programme.
Learning Together charges for a 7 days course 640 euros per participant (A+B).
A - Course fee and Duration:
For our 7 days course, the price fee is 490 euros for tuition and materials (7 day course x 70,00 Euros per day ). This is covered with the course fee that you get with your KA1 grant: 70 euro per day.
B - Organizational Support:
Payment of 150 EUR per participant (total amount). Each educational organization also receives 350 Euros per participant for organizational support. Learning Together will only charge you 150 Euros for administration and organization costs (Local organization, pedagogic support activities, learning validation, certification and Europass Mobility validation). This fee also includes our social program, which you can see below.
- Cultural Heritage day : Guide visit to the city of Porto.
- Visit to” Ribeira”and Boat Trip;
- Visit to the Port Wine Cellars.
To be paid by yourself from the KA1 grant
Your grant covers travel costs. The amount is calculated based on the distance that you need to travel from your home place to the course.
Your accommodation and meals will be assured through "Individual Support". The amount that you receive to cover the costs of your stay depends on the country that you choose. The range for Portugal is between 60-120 Euros per day and participant. This amount covers your stay at hotel and your meals. Learning Together doesn´t book your stay at the hotel, but we can give you tips and advice for your booking. Plenty of restaurants are available on the city for your daily meals. This option allows you to explore freely our city, hotels, restaurants and course travels.