Code Red for Humanity
“Code Red for Humanity” – António Guterres- UN Secretary-General
Saving our planet starts with understanding it.
Increasing population, global warming and the current global health crisis are catalytic factors causing collateral damage to our environment and accelerating the negative effects of climate change. Research shows that the world needs to cut its emissions at least by half until 2030 and reach net-zero by mid-century to prevent the worst effects of climate change.
Forging a sustainable future demands an appreciation of what’s at stake and how to protect it.
Never before in history has the future of our environment faced a more pressing issue than it is today. This generation of students will feel the effects of climate change more than any other and it is critical that every student is provided with an opportunity to study and understand the climate crisis through the school curriculum.
Climate change education is key to turn the tide on this crisis and to create a safe, sustainable world for generations to come. Remember that no step is too small and that the best way to promote change and encourage others to join the fight of our lives is by taking action and leading by example.
Course Duration and Costs
All costs can be supported with a KA grant under the Erasmus+ programme.
For a 6-day course, Learning Together charges 580 euros per participant (A+B).
For our 6-day course, the course fee is 480 EUR per participant, for tuition and materials (6-day course x 80,00 EUR per day). This can be covered with the course fee that you receive with your KA1 grant: 80 EUR / day / person.
The course fee for our 2022 courses has been adjusted to meet the new KA1 grant budget (Erasmus+ Programme 2021-2027). Before, sending organisations received 70€/day/person for course fees. Now, the new KA1 grant provides 80€/day/person.
Payment of 100 EUR per participant (total amount).
This fee also includes our social program, which you can see below.
In the previous Erasmus+ programme, each educational organisation also received 350 EUR per participant for organisational support. Learning Together only charged 150 EUR for administration and organisation costs (local organisation and logistics, pedagogical support activities, learning validation, certification and Europass Mobility validation). With the new programme, the organisational support fees are now a standard 100 EUR per person – however, they can vary according project type (job-sadowing, long-term,…).
- Cultural Heritage day: Guided visit to the city of Porto;
- Hop On & Hop Off Tour Bus;
- Visit to” Ribeira” and 6 Bridges River Cruise;
- Visit to the Port Wine Cellars & Wine Tasting Experience.
The course goal is to bring climate change education outside the science classroom into the many other subject areas upon which climate change now has an impact, or will impact in the future on our future life on Planet Earth.
- Strengthen the abilities and skills to work with the values and principles of sustainability and Internalize the ethical framework for sustainable development that is articulated in the Earth Charter;
- Clarify concepts of sustainability, sustainability values and principles, sustainable lifestyles and responsible consumption; and global citizenship, as well as the synergies between them;
- Deepen and expand knowledge about new paradigms of education associated with education for sustainability, sustainable lifestyles, education for global citizenship and transformative education;
- Strengthen the capacities and skills of the educators to integrate the values of sustainability in their areas of action, and develop educational programmes that promote a new awareness of our relationship with the environment and sustainable lifestyles;
- Explore methodological and transforming pedagogical tools that can be used in educational programmes;
- Motivate and inspire educators to contribute, through their areas of action, to building more coherent, harmonious, and sustainable societies;
- Stimulate the exchange of experiences between educators from different contexts and regions.
Besides learning outcomes:
- Reinforcing self-awareness as a European citizen;
- Improve communication and social skills;
- Promoting intercultural awareness;
- Improve language skills.