Audiovisual Tools for the Digital Teacher
Being raised in a digital era, today’s students may find conventional pursuits like reading to be incredibly monotonous while naturally focusing much more on audiovisual information (e.g., videos, photos, and audio resources). Therefore, educators can sometimes feel unprepared when attempting to teach students in a new media language.
This course has been designed for educators who want to use audiovisuals (including video production) to enhance student engagement and foster collaboration.
By introducing the participants to the pedagogical power of audiovisual information, this course seeks to close the gap.
The course’s programme structure will cross the different areas of audiovisual tools, audio production, digital video production and concept and digital image management focused on teachers’ and educators’ jobs related to the work in the classroom.
By the end of the course, teachers will feel confident in using a variety of online resources, video and photography technologies to create teaching aids and educational projects for their pupils.
Referred Free Tools
Video Edition: Capcut, Canva, Shot Cut,etc.
Video Content: Pixabay, Pexels, etc.
Image Edition: Canva, Unsplash, Pexels, etc.
Audio: AudioHub, LESFMS, etc.
Our pricing policy follows the official regulations on transparent costs.
The costs can be supported with a KA grant under the Erasmus+ programme.
Course fee: 480 euros per participant (6-day course).
- Learning Together’s Welcome Kit;
- A Daily Program designed by our trainers;
- Welcome Dinner to meet your new colleagues;
- Daily Coffee Break;
- Logistic, organizational and administrative support from headquarters;
- Daily assistance and on-call support throughout the whole week.
- Daily assistance and suggestions (restaurants, sightseeing, hospitals…) – we also have a section on our website dedicated to Discovering Porto (eating, sleeping, sightseeing suggestions) that we always recommend our participants to check out.
The course’s objectives are to improve participants’ communication with their students, as they will be able to employ a variety of digital content formats, including audio platforms, videos, and social media.
- Look for audiovisual materials on educational platforms
- Use, modify, and produce their own audiovisual materials in order to enrich and motivate their students’
- Use the best tools and free software for organizing and creating films, images, and sounds during the course
- Find secure internet resources, upload and share files, manage timelines, audio/visual content, and add subtitles to video
- Apply fundamental videography techniques
- Edit images and films
- Arrange sounds and words in visual resources
- Upload and distribute video content
- Use audiovisual resources to further your studies
- Enhance communicative competences in English
- Share experiences and ideas with their peers
- Welcome dinner,icebreaking
- Meet & greet, networking – participants and staff
- Week briefing & planning
- Content Analysis
- Target Audience
- Building the basis. Audiovisual language, Format, image composition
- Image Editors
- Infographics and visual elements
- Introduction to Videos: formats, filming techniques, frame rates and presentation tools
- Screen recording and screencasting
- Video platforms: Youtube, channels, filters, playlists, regulations
- Streaming Lessons: tools, utility, formats
- Free instructional videos platforms
- Using your phone as a camera for making videos
- Set, lights and sound
- Recording yourself
- Video editing tools – software from YouTube, adding sounds from YouTube libraries
- Examples and exercises;
- Sound effects
- Video cutting/clipping
- Edit a colleague’s video presentation as a practical assignment
- Adding subtitles
- Presentation of participants’ learning portfolios
- Course roundup & review
- Learning outcomes’ validation
- Certification Ceremony
*This schedule/ program describes likely activities but may differ based on the trainer's discretion and objectives.
Still have Questions?
For more information, check our Pricing & FAQ.